Saturday, February 7, 2009

Killer combination: Wine and Water - The English and The French


I am really sorry for being away from you for the last 3-4 months...

I know am giving an excuse... Been actually finding some intersting stuff to bug you with... If you can buy that for an answer.. ;)

Commuting to office in Bangalore for 4 hrs every day has been a ritual for me for over a year and a half.

Lets not get to the question.... Am i being wise by spending my time in the cab, instead of re-locating to a place with office in my vicinity?

Well not intending to give a sugar coating to the bitter pill. I have been justifying to all my folks that i am utilizing those 4 hrs fruitfully.
If you think reading, debating with my cabbies (Prashmob and Rangaji) and conversing with my good old friends is not fruitfully utilizing one's time... Rest assured i am paying no heed to it!!

Remember the Disclaimer??... its my blog honey ;)

I almost forgot to tell you this.. Reading usually is the past time for the onward journey... FM, Debating and Conversing is the routine for the return. No i didn't set a time-table or instruct my cabbies.... it just fell in place.

So one evening.. Ranga-ji (Ranganath) our commuting helper ( it is actually a better way to pronounce one's services, hence the word), and i were discussing about the Traffic scenario in Bangalore (okie.. Bengaluru for those who wish to hear it that way) and we were weighing the pros and cons of "CAR-POOLING" as suggested by Radio-One 94.3 FM, for the FataaFat Generation... Thats the way the brand themselves.. So i just helped them!! :)

Doing so, there goes my cell-phone.. The expression and smirk on my face gave Rangaji and Prashmob a hint that i need to get to a conference with some of my good-old friends at school and continue chatting till i get dropped off. :)

Will definitely blog about them soon... ;)
You got it right, i dont spare anyone!! :)

The call reminded me, that it had been a couple of weeks that we got updates from each other. Btw, We remain connected by getting on to a conference and screwing each other for our foolish doings.. Lest i mention that! Bet you must b doing something vigorous than that!! :)

I can actually get a little foul-mouthed at times, traffic was driving me crazy that evening... Being a little perky that evening... i go like.. "Arvind, pardon my French".

AP: "Goes Pardon my what??...... Saala angrezi jhaad rahaa hai....." as he had to change the topic from the fcukn traffic!!

Talking about english, our thoughts got drifted to our tenth grade english classes and the gentleman (Mr.Vernum) who handled it!! We were pulling his leg for the way he recited poetry and shakespeare.

My mind, picking the word poetry from the last dialouge made me to question Arvind. Dude.. u remember the poem called..... Lochinvar ??

AP: Yeah... don't tell me you remember the lines and dont expect any outta me!

RJ: Duh!! There is something tricky!! Remember this guy Lochinvar to get his bride goes all the way to her wedding to win her hand.

AP: Yeah... go on!

RJ: He drinks wine and throws his goblet n stuff... remember that one line was handled for an hour in the english class that day?? Vernum said it was customary for the english then to drink the wine and throw the goblet.

Now the googly comes here...

The statement which i uttered "Pardon my French"....

Poet: Scottish poet
Poem: A part of English literature,with English customs.....
Product used: Wine - A French product (at least thats what i have learnt till date... It was firstly fermented in Europe by the monks in France)

AP: Are you going to tell me about Globalization and shit??

RJ: No, Where the fck in history did they start to have differences?? lol.....

Am leaving you with this thought, think over and feel free to comment... don worry i wont get foul mouthed.... lol.......... ;)

Hope ya enjoyed it!!

Add to Technorati Favorites

3 comments:

mindchild said...

well... just a change on the context...

Archaeological evidence suggests that the earliest production of wine, made by fermenting grapes, took place in sites in Georgia and Iran, from as early as 6000 BC

So much for the monks in France.. they made it famous makin them underground .. ILLEGALLY ! :)

I enjoyed readin this one :) gets u to think.. and refresh my history !

mindchild said...

and a question.. wots Wine n Water .. the DEADLY part in this ?! :) \


and a small fact.before the franch revolution... the majority of the vineyards were owned by the Catholic church ! :) so much for the drunkards ! :) oops.. its UR BLOG ! :) but my comments ! :)

good one bro :) and it does Bring in thought of Early globalization...or rather tat old joke of indian sms on Paki mobile :) tas globalization at different levels ! :) or rather.. AGES !

Raghav said...

they always had the differences...

people found stuff to forget the differences...

of them, some found love (stupid enough) and others found wine (lesser of the two evils)

and talking abt Mr. Vernum and French... remember La Belle Dame Sans Mercy???



Website Counter
Reader Watch